Half Past Maria

It's About That Time

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Science

Have I mastered the science of hooking up, and therefore need to move on?

I have a 100% success rate when I go to the bars alone, but yet I insist on frequently going out with my girls. Why is that?

Perhaps there's more to observe. My girls, they're different than I am. I watch and respect their methods. The way they approach and talk to men. The way they tell all about themselves in every conversation. It's fucking fascinating. Most men walk away from me without knowing anything about me.

Yet I'm so totally bored with men most of the time that watching my girlfriends interact with them is sometimes more entertaining than screwing with them myself.

Perhaps a sign of age? Perhaps a sign of boredom?

I vote for the latter. YAWN.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Isaac G said…

    perhaps your success is because you are 100% beautiful-sexy!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Yes, and 100% available — no string attached. That is, unfortunately, something with a small supply and a large demand. Nice work, darlin'. Way to fill the gaps in the marketplace.

    (sorry. I've been talking to Santino again.)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    As for you boredom, well... maybe it's time to try something new.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Alexis said…

    You mean like girls?

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Are you hitting on me, eva?

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Well, I don't know babe. You're always telling me how I would be the perfect man for you... if only I were a man.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Really? We're going this route now? Am I gonna have to be that awkward friend who smiles politely when you guys make out at bars, but deep down inside I want to shove both of you into a cab so I don't have to be reminded that ALL of my friends are hooking up, even girl-on-girl?

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Maria, you know I am....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home