Half Past Maria

It's About That Time

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Not Tonight

"I'll have a Dos Equis and a shot of Grand Marnier."

Sip one, gulp the other. Waves of warmth. Your cheeks flush. Fingers, once stiff and cold, are now hot and nimble. Eyes flicker around the bar. Glass chandeliers hover. He says they look like upside-down bouquets.

***
"Two more, baby."

Slip off your barstool to find the bathroom. Push through the stall door, unzipping. Sit. Cleavage check. Bikini line inspection. Flush. Ice-cold water and rose-scented soap.

***
"Sure, yeah, another round."

Go outside. (Alone. He doesn't smoke.) Light up, look back through the window. He's tall, sexy, smart. No reason not to go home with him.

Except that tonight you just don't feel like it. He catches your eyes in a quick stare. He looks like a photograph; centered through the window frame, perched on his barstool, glass in hand, smiling.

That's what it is. Too perfect.

No rough edges.

No twists and turns.

***

I don't like them crazy. Just a little bit wicked.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Oh! I know just what you mean, little missy. But I have to say, I'm a bit shocked that you actually passed up an opportunity.

    Where you been hiding? I figured you were on another 96-hour fuckfest or something.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Eh, just going through one of my "things" where I needed some time alone.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well.. good to have you back, love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home