Half Past Maria

It's About That Time

Monday, November 13, 2006

Numbers

Him: "Have you ever made... 'a list', and then over the following days, kept 'remembering' people to add to that list?"

Me: "You know, I hadn't done that in years, but recently decided that it was time again. I got first and last names for everyone except That Guy in the Blue Hoodie. So what do you have? Come on, you can tell me."

Him: "Are we keeping score? If so, you have to tell me first. I do have two Melissas, a couple Jennifers, and a couple Angelas. I got nobody named Maria, however. I tried."

Me: "I've got two Petes, but otherwise no duplicate names. I'm at an even 30, counting two girls."

Him: "No kidding, I'm at 31. But that counts these two girls in Thailand. Technically, it was one event. Does that count as two still? If not, we're tied. I didn't even pad the numbers with 'close calls' either."

Me: "Wouldn't it be fun to start a Myspace-type website of people you've slept with? It would bring the whole 'you've had sex with everyone your partner's had sex with' STD-awareness thing together with the six-degrees of separation aspect of social networking sites. Think of how many people you and I have shared. We've probably done each other twice over."

Him: "I wonder if we have any overlap? We should definitely try to fix that."

Me: "I'm guessing if we actually sat down and thought about it, we'd find more friends in common, then some sort of overlap. Of course, we could always just cut right to the chase."

Him: "I'm all for cutting right to the chase. And I just decided to start a second list of 'People, No Matter What My Current Situation is, I Would Bend the Rules to be With'. In case you were wondering, yes, you made the list."

Me: "I don't have a 'current situation', but I'll also make a second list and put you on it."

Him: "I'm so flattered! I got on a list. Now it's time to get on that other list."

7 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger La Espia T. said…

    wow. funny, I was just thinking the other day I should redo my list. I always wondered if I was organizing it correctly. Is it black and white or do you map out all the gray areas?

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Alexis said…

    I think it's pretty black and white. Like he said, no close calls.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Urgh. I honestly don't know how long it's been since I've made a list of my own. The last time I tried it, it kind of frealed me out. Way too many names, and way too few last names. Crazy shit, really. I hadn't realized what an absolute slut I was. What the hell? At least I enjoyed it.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You guys are both super sluts. But I still love ya...;)

    Actually, my MySpace is already somewhat made up of guys I've slept with (the hot ones, of course). One in particular, whom I haven't had sex with in, like, 5 years, keeps emailing me, trying to "start" things back up.

    I'm that good.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Damn girl, I bet you are. Nobody learns how to cock tease like that without being able to follow through.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Mark Pritchard said…

    GEEK ALERT. I not only made a list, I created a wiki for all the women I've had sex with.

    It's not on the internet, though.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've kept a list for years. Not many last names, several Justins, and thankfully only one labelled "Greyhound Bus, Nevada somewhere?". Whenever I start a new journal, I copy it into the back somewhere, but it's gotten to the point in my (much less slutty now) life where I have to remember where the hell I put it. Come to think of it, I need to find it to add one...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home