Half Past Maria

It's About That Time

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sick

Damn, the neti pot really works. The concept is slightly icky, the sensation is quite strange, and the taste of salt water running through your nasal passages isn't exactly pleasant, but, my God, I can breathe again.

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive, but with debilitating sinus issues. It just sucks because there's nothing I hate more than sitting home and healing. I have nothing to do. I don't feel like going out. I look like shit. I'm stuck here, and the worst part about that is, I know it's the best thing for me.

At least the cat keeps me company, even though she just sleeps all damn day. I wish I could sleep like that.

Which person do you go to when you need soup and medicine, when you're the one who's everyone else's go-to person? Add that to the list of reasons to have a boyfriend:

1. To help carry groceries
2. To run to the store when you're sick

After a year of being single, that's still all I've got.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We also kill cockroaches and jump start cars with dead batteries...

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    Aha, car trouble. Guys are generally good for that, too. Generally.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Hedy De Vine said…

    3. to buy you tampons when you're in cramps hell and bleeding all over the place.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    to create excess drama in your life when you're bored...

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Buy you tampons when you're in cramps hell"?

    Vigorous sex with multiple orgasms takes care of cramps hell as well.

    ~a fan

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah. I gotta say I would prefer that method as well...

    Tho', hedy, one of my finest moments was initiating a new boyfriend by forcing him to carry around an industrial-size package of maxi-pads and a huge box of Super Plus! Tampax Tampons while I shopped in Target. God, that was a fun day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home