Half Past Maria

It's About That Time

Friday, October 06, 2006

Has the whole world gone crazy?

God damn, I've been running all week trying to track down some anti-psychotic anti-anxiety meds for Steve, with little luck. My usual channels are cut off right now for some fucking reason, so I'm gonna have to get creative with this job.

The good news is, I think I've got an ace up my sleeve. When you're livelihood depends on getting things that cannot easily be gotten, you always find a way.

Speaking of total nutjobs, Amber is moving in with her ex-boyfriend. While some may view this as a harmless act of a friend helping out a friend (don't get me wrong, I see that part) I'm suspicious of Rich's other motives. Amber, dear, you're panting and sweating all over your posts--Already! And how far are we into your little Man Ban?--making comments about how the next guy to lay you will be a puddle of spent mess when you're done with him. Why do you think Rich is so eager to have you slinking around his house in your jammies? He's banking on the fact that, one night, you come home just a little more than tipsy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: all men are basically the same. They're all born to do two things: making women want to procreate with them, and then procreating. There are, of course, exceptions to the rule, so spare me the Ghandi/Mandela/homosexual speech, but there is obvious truth to what I'm saying.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    And I'm friends with you why, again?

    First of all, I've been on the Man Ban for more than a month. And if the past couple of days are the first time that I've felt some actual deprivation in the sex department - being the higly sexed individual I usually am - than I would say that's doing pretty damn well. If you went on a Man Ban, you'd be slitting your wrists within days, sweetie. DAYS.

    Second, you might be right - Rich could just be using his basement as a ploy to get me back in the making out mode. After all, I am pretty incredible when in it. However, please just be a friend for once and have trust in my judgement.

    And what's this about getting anti-psychotic anti-anxiety meds for your client? And you're questioning ME about MY thinking process?!?!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Alexis said…

    1. I'm funny
    2. I'm loyal
    3. I'm straightforward
    4. I'm kind to animals
    5. I'm handy around the house

    Did you need more than 5?

    DAYS, yes, you'll get no argument from me there. But I consume men like other women consume chocolate.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Frankly, girls, I'm all for bathing in a tub of chocolate with 3 or 4 emotionally unavailable men today. Anybody want to take me up on it? This is gruesome. I think you're both fucking incredible. (Hell, why don't the three of us just bathe in a tub of chocolate together?) Amber, what you're doing is incredible. I honestly don't know how you do it. I haven't had sex in the past six months, and I'm about ready to scream out my window for some stranger to just come up and fuck me. And Maria, you too... what can I say? You've always been good at this no-strings-attached thang. Me.. I start out just fine, but I end up succumbing to their strings. Tell me, why is it that men always want to trap a stringless gal? The more unavailable you are, the more they want you. And once they've got you, well.. we all know what happens then. From now on, I'm putting a time limit on it. You can have me for a year.. maybe two.. NO LONGER! It all turns to crap after that.

    Excuse my rant.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Alexis said…

    No problem. Your inane shit is welcome here.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Why don't you just pass me some of your leftovers, girl?!

    Nah.. never mind. No offense. I'd just rather get a little something on my own. I need the ego boost. ... desperately.

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Dulcinea said…

    Great.. so I'm that thing up your sleeve, eh? Nice going, girl. Way to sucker your friend. (No hard feelings, but remember the deal.)

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When Amber told me you had a blog I didn't expect to be the topic of discussion. Damn Maria, I'm ever so flattered.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maria:

    You obviously do not want anyone to "confuse" you with facts, so I guess your mind about "all men are basically the same" is already made up and further debate would be worthless. Too bad.

    You say you want to be spared of "Ghandi/Mandela/homosexual speech"... I can understand the first two but could not find any hint of homosexuality in my previous comment. Were you just throwing blind punches in anger after being confronted with the defects in your premises/beliefs?

    I cannot help but wonder, if you admit to the existence of exceptions, why don't you make a concerted effort to hook up with some of them rather than with the obvious loosers that have been helping you build your opinion of men so far?

    I have no need for you to post any answers to my questions. I believe the important thing is that you at least try to answer them to yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home